My cousin had been trying to get us to try Advocare for a while, and we had just sort of ignored her (Sorry, Whit!), because we didn't really have the time to look into it. She sent us a few emails and we just glanced over them, and paid little attention. Finally, my mom said that we should all try it together. So... as a group, we did. My mom, aunt, aunt's sister in law, my husband, and my sister in law all did the 24 day challenge together. My husband and I hesitantly took our before photos and our measurements, and we began the challenge.
Now, fast forward 24 days later. My husband lost 17 pounds and 8 & 1/2 inches, and I lost 11 & 1/2 pounds and 7 inches. I won't give details on the others in our group because their story is not mine to tell, but I will tell you that everyone in the group lost pounds and inches. But the best part is that everyone in our group feels better and more energetic than we have in a long time. Our before and after photos speak for themselves. We are continuing this journey, and hope to have some even more updated "after" photos soon.
Here are the reasons why I was hesitant:
1. I am a hungry, hungry person. No diet has ever worked for me because I am hungry, and I love food.
2. I don't like money making gimmicks. I was very reluctant because sometimes products can be money driven instead of the real deal.
3. I'm not the best at taking pills.
4. Everyone kept saying it's a "lifestyle change", and I liked my lifestyle just fine. We eat out a lot, and I didn't want that to change.
5. I was scared that I'd be the one person that wouldn't lose weight, and then I would feel like there was absolutely no future hope for me to EVER lose it.
And here are the reasons why I'm so happy I gave in:
1. I feel well. Really well.
2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Meal Replacement Shake. I never, in a million years, would have thought that I could get by with just a drink as my meal and feel satisfied. But, this is amazing! And I definitely feel satisfied after drinking it.
3. My husband and I sit down and have breakfast together every morning now. Before, we only saw each other for a split second in passing in the mornings.
4. I am in love with the Fruit Punch Spark. It has totally taken place of any caffeine that I had going on in my life. (I wasn't huge on caffeine in the first place, but I did enjoy a cup of coffee every morning at work.)
5. Catalyst is one of my new Bffs.
6. I have learned a lot about what I was doing wrong with my eating habits, and I have become a lot healthier in the choices that I make.
7. My husband and I take our 1 year old daughter on a 1.5 mile walk every evening. My husband has to tell me to slow down sometimes! It's all of this energy I guess! (Nobody has EVER had to tell me to slow down, unless it was regarding me talking!)
**Little note about the difference in me on day 1 of the challenge, and now. Eggs are a great breakfast choice for the challenge, and my cousin had let us know that. I love eggs, so we scrambled up 6 eggs total. 3 for my husband, and 3 for me. I thought, "Hey, I'm not gonna go hungry on day 1, and besides, this is allowed." As the challenge went on, we were scrambling fewer and fewer eggs. Now we scramble TWO eggs, one for each of us. I cannot believe that I can be satisfied by eating one egg for breakfast. I'm telling you, if I can do this, you can too.
****I ended up losing 30 pounds in about 3 months by sticking with the habits I formed during the challenge. I continued Catalyst, Spark, Meal Replacement Shakes, got CarbEase, and continued to eat clean. Then I got pregnant. :) So I'm back in the saddle again and I lost 11 pounds in my first post-pregnancy challenge. I hope to lose the next 25 over the next couple of months. I know that it is very possible with the help of these products and the habits that I know so well by now.